Thursday, April 19, 2012

A little conversation

Visited my cousin's place yesterday . His eleven year old son was reading Times of India  and was reading the news "Woman in UK watched lover in Delhi slash himself to death over 10 hours".


He was struck with the line "Rowland had been hallucinating the day before too. " . 


He said " Machu* , what does hallucinating  mean?" 


I was ready with my tech talks on psychological disorders but  had to refrain myself keeping his age in mind and the way whole family was staring at me.


Tried to explain him in simple terms that  " when things don't exist , but still we think they exists "  


He interrupted " So God is a hallucination, because no body knows where HE exists".


I knew where its going and i could see this from the crooked smiles on everyone's face. They wanted me to fall in this trap of simplicity and innocence where ignorance is termed as innocence and knowledge is considered as complicated and complex solutions to confuse others. At some point of time i was thinking about Sheldon of Big band Theory . 


Sheldon: Why are you crying? 
Penny: Because I'm stupid! 
Sheldon: That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.



Everyone seems to me as sadists as they were having fun in this kid screwing my life with his questions. 


I replied : No kiddo , God is not a hallucination. HE exists but has hidden himself in a secret place.


He asked : Ok, Can't Sherlock Holmes even find him ?


I replied : No , not even Sherlock Holmes.


He asked : So whats Hallucination then ?


I replied : Ok, its like Kurt Cobain said " I'm so happy because today I found my friends - they're in my head.". So when things exist in your mind but they really aren't. 


He interrupted me : Kurt Cobain ,is he the same guy from Nirvana band who died due to some overdose of cocaine ? 



Everyone was looking at my face and i was also shocked .


I replied with my head down : Yes, but he didnt die of consuming due to overdose of cocaine . I have read his suicide letter. He was a gem, a legend better than your Justin .

He said : I am not arguing who is better here : Kurt or Justin . But as per i know it was Kurt who said 'I'm too busy acting like I'm not Naive. I've seen it all, I was here first.'


I was doomed so i replied : lets talk about what is hallucination ? Forget kurt and all i said . See when people talk about something which is unreal and they believe have either experienced or are experiences those unreal things .. like when we wake up in the morning , sometimes when can't differentiate between our dream land and real world . foreg you were having a dream of enjoying in a fun park with full of ice cream and chocolate and no mommy or papa to restrict you from eating them , then suddenly mommy wakes you up and say "get a bath in 5 minutes , breakfast is ready ,your school bus will be at the stop in 20 minutes" so if that small fraction of time ,when you were unable to move from that fun park to real world , continues and you in your mind stayed in your dreamland , then thats hallucination. Since there is no fun world other than in imagination and in reality its all about mommy/papa yelling at you .

 Now i was enjoying the moment as it seems like i had hit the nail , bhaiya bhabhi were a bit angry on me for enlightening their kid the harsh reality of life .



But then I saw tears in kids eyes. So I continued my tech talk : Don't think imaginations don't come to reality. Haven't your read 'Alice in wonderland'. There is a wonderland where one can have unlimited ice cream and chocolate and one can sleep as well as one wants , no school , no teacher.

He was again happy .But I never knew his happiness was a curse for me .

He said : Machu , have you heard Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit. 




I replied : Yes, but it has to do with hallucinations.

He said : 
With its enigmatic lyrics, "White Rabbit**" became one of the first songs to sneak drug references into Alice in wonderland story. It mentions that Alice was doped and whatever she saw as just an aftermath effect of drugs . 


I replied : Ah, gravity  - thou art a heartless bitch.

I was thinking to run from there but all wanted me to finish this whole conversation. No one consoled me for my grievance , in fact the world was enjoying it.

My mother whispered in my ear "what the hell you are giving this kid"
I replied in same low volume tone into her ear “I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell.”

Though my about statement confused few . I was thinking of following  “If you can't convince them, confuse them.”


I replied :Kiddo you are damn right . Mostly hallucinations are caused by drugs and bad bad things. but sometimes this effect of thinking imaginary things continues even without drugs. These are some crazy people , who think crazy things .
I looked at my face and said : I think my class teacher is on drugs or she is crazy .

All were shocked by his words. i asked : why do you think so?



He said : My teacher is always talking to her imaginary friend named "Class" 


I got up and said "Bhabhi , i have some official stuff to finish. I think from this point, you can carry forward" and i came home .




Silence Prevails,
Aditya Deadpan 




* Machu : its a mixture of Mamu and Chachu as there is still confusion on who am I for him. Bhabhi is from jammu and was our neighbour so she introduces me to everyone as her brother. Bhaiya is son of my father's best friend , so he introduce me to everyone as his brother . So confused kid gave me a title of 'Machu'


** "White Rabbit" is a song from Jefferson Airplane's 

One pill makes you larger

And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall
And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice
When she was just small

When men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving slow
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the door mouse said;
"Feed YOUR HEAD...
Feed your head" 

3 comments:

  1. bhai...sexy piece..maza sa aa gaya pad ke...
    play type ki orientation hai iski to...yeh sach hai ya aise he...any which ways...i liked it a lot...keep going bro:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant maaza aaya padh ke
    best thing i like about ur posts are u use lot of examples from here and there
    nice nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sheetal : This is just another hallucination of mine .
    @pushpam da : Thanks sir jee :-)

    ReplyDelete